Senior Program Manager – Preclinical & Platform
Juvena Therapeutics, Inc. is a regenerative medicine biotech startup inviting applicants for Senior Program Manager – Preclinical & Platform who are excited to join a company focused on the discovery and validation of novel disease-modifying biologics that promote tissue regeneration by inducing tissue-specific rejuvenating phenotypes. We are discovering and developing various biologics that can promote disease-modifying phenotypes such as increased stem cell activity, reduced chronic or localized inflammation, reduced fibrosis, improved differentiation, or increased mitochondrial function and metabolism.
The Senior Program Manager will lead the development, and be the hands-on project manager, of a portfolio of Discovery and Platform projects that are core to Juvena’s mission and strategy. Working with senior leadership and other stakeholders, the successful candidate will lead the development of integrated KPIs, R&D program plans, and portfolio management processes that provide a foundation for driving operational objectives, deliverables, execution, and timelines. They will lead and mentor the company on project management best practices while proactively driving weekly project objectives, identifying and analyzing dependencies, resource planning, determining impact of scenarios with priority changes and pivots on KPIs and milestone objectives, liaising with key stakeholders, and providing key status updates and recommendations to Senior Leadership.
The position is full-time starting as early as possible. This is the perfect opportunity for someone interested in the exciting and fast-paced environment of a startup company and looking to make a difference in human health and health-span.
*Title commensurate with experience
Juvena Therapeutics is a venture backed biotechnology startup discovering and developing disease-modifying biologics by leveraging their computationally-driven discovery platform to rapidly identify and validate secreted proteins with regenerative potential for multiple rare and chronic diseases.
At Juvena Therapeutics, we are on a mission to discover and develop biologics for rare and chronic degenerative diseases by mapping secreted proteins to unmet medical needs through a machine learning (ML)-enhanced platform. Juvena’s approach integrates proteomics, transcriptomics and imaging with phenotypic human in vitro disease model screening and extensive preclinical validation to mine the therapeutic potential of human stem cell secretomes as a rich source of new medicines that promote tissue regeneration and repair. We are advancing lead drug candidates for muscular dystrophies, atrophy, injury, and osteopathies, and establishing new programs targeting tissue-specific degenerative diseases across multiple therapeutic areas. Since our launch in mid-2018, Juvena has discovered and validated several hits for neuromuscular, skeletal, and metabolic diseases. Juvena’ preclinical programs are supported by funding from the National Institute of Health (NIH) and the California Institute of Regenerative Medicine (CIRM). Juvena is advancing a lead program for Myotonic Dystrophy Type 1, a rare autosomal dominant, progressive muscle-wasting disease.
At Juvena we embrace a diversity of backgrounds, experience and approaches that all combine to lead us to world-class scientific results in an inclusive environment.
Position Location and work permit requirement
640 Galveston Dr. Redwood City, 64063
Candidate must be legally authorized to work in the US.
Position Requirements and Duties
- Working with senior leadership and other stakeholders, lead the establishment of integrated KPIs, R&D program plans, and portfolio management processes that provide a foundation for driving operational objectives, deliverables, execution, and timelines.
- Drive program and project management processes & activities such as managing priority, scope, time, cost, risk, and quality while ensuring key company milestones & KPIs are defined and met. Manage meetings, including setting agendas, scheduling, and capturing meeting minutes.
- Develop and directly manage project portfolio plans for a) the Discovery program through IND-filing for multiple Therapeutic Areas, and for b) the Platform program including Data Science/Bioinformatics/AI-ML projects.
- Monitor ongoing projects for potential risks and develop proactive mitigation strategies with management and the relevant R&D teams. Identify, track, and support resolution efforts for all program-related issues and effectively communicate to relevant internal and external contractor teams via regular and ad-hoc status updates.
- Drive resource planning and impact analysis of priority change/pivot scenarios. Manage changes to project scope, ensuring that all impacts and changes are approved and appropriately communicated.
- Liaise with external partners such as pharmaceutical companies and critical suppliers.
- Support the development of TCPs (Target Candidate Profile) and initial TPPs (Target Product Profile).
- Develop and maintain project/portfolio dashboards, reports, and metrics including timeline GANTTS and status summaries.
- Lead and mentor the company on project management best practices adoption.
- Other tasks as assigned.
This position is a great fit if you have/are:
- Advanced degree + PMP certification (Scientific or Computational focused advanced degree is a plus)
- 10+ years relevant experience in pharmaceutical drug discovery/development. Experience with biologics development is a plus.
- 3+ years project management experience in pharmaceutical industry R&D.
- Track record of advancing R&D projects though Discovery to developmental candidate nomination
- Experience advancing through preclinical to IND filings a plus
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary industrial environment.
- Industry and startup R&D experience is a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and meeting facilitation skills with the ability to work with others to achieve objectives.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary, annual bonus and stock options
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
To apply for this position please complete the form below. Once the form is complete, email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the position as the subject line.This form is currently undergoing maintenance. Please try again later.