Senior Scientist, Bioanalytical Sciences
We are seeking a talented individual with experience in bioanalytical sciences and methodologies to support and lead bioanalytical efforts for development of drug candidates in the Juvena pipeline. This individual will be a critical member of Juvena’s bioanalytical team and an integral part of the company’s drug discovery and development activities. We are searching for an individual who is excited to be part of a small and dynamic early-stage biotech company focusing on the discovery, preclinical & nonclinical development, along with the translational efforts into the clinical studies. This individual will be an integral member of the expanding nonclinical development team. The ideal candidate will have industry experience in a drug development setting and have been involved in drug development related efforts such as lead candidate identification, selection, preclinical and IND-enabling studies for biologics.
Juvena Therapeutics is a venture backed biotechnology startup discovering and developing disease-modifying biologics by leveraging their computationally-driven discovery platform to rapidly identify and validate secreted proteins with regenerative potential for multiple rare and chronic diseases.
At Juvena Therapeutics, we are on a mission to discover and develop biologics for rare and chronic degenerative diseases by mapping secreted proteins to unmet medical needs through a machine learning (ML)-enhanced platform. Juvena’s approach integrates proteomics, transcriptomics and imaging with phenotypic human in vitro disease model screening and extensive preclinical validation to mine the therapeutic potential of human stem cell secretomes as a rich source of new medicines that promote tissue regeneration and repair. We are advancing lead drug candidates for muscular dystrophies, atrophy, injury, and osteopathies, and establishing new programs targeting tissue-specific degenerative diseases across multiple therapeutic areas. Since our launch in mid-2018, Juvena has discovered and validated several hits for neuromuscular, skeletal, and metabolic diseases. Juvena’ preclinical programs are supported by funding from the National Institute of Health (NIH) and the California Institute of Regenerative Medicine (CIRM). Juvena is advancing a lead program for Myotonic Dystrophy Type 1, a rare autosomal dominant, progressive muscle-wasting disease.
At Juvena we embrace a diversity of backgrounds, experience and approaches that all combine to lead us to world-class scientific results in an inclusive environment.
- Lead the bioanalytical efforts and design, develop, perform, and optimize bioanalytical assays for Juvena’s lead molecules
- Conduct qualification and validation of bioanalytical assays following regulatory guidelines
- Maintain accurate, timely, and detailed notebooks of all experimental work in accordance with SOPs
- Assist in equipment purchase, maintenance, and calibration
- Assist in building the Bioanalytical team at Juvena
- Efficient in interaction with contract research organizations
- Reagent sourcing, storage, inventory, preparation
- Communicate scientific data internally and externally
- Contribute to a dynamic and exciting culture that embraces teamwork and innovation
- Maintain flexibility in supporting multiple discovery and preclinical projects as the company grows
- BS/MS degree in cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related field with >=10 years of industry experience
- Title and compensation commensurate with experience
- Demonstrated ability to support biologic-based projects from lead generation to optimization, candidate selection, and IND filing
- Documented experience with the state-of-the-art bioanalytical methodologies
- Experience with immunoassay development and statistical data analysis, such as ELISA, ADA assays, drug potency assays, and biomarker assays.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture is preferred
- Knowledge of protein engineering, biophysical methods, and basic immunology
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Detail oriented with a strong attention to quality and accuracy
- Willingness to learn and enjoy working as a team
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary, annual bonus and stock options
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
To apply for this position please complete the form below. Once the form is complete, email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the position as the subject line.