Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist
Bioanalytical Assay Development
We are seeking a talented Senior Research Associate or Associate Scientist with experience in bioanalytical assay development to be an integral part of our drug discovery platform expansion. We are searching for an individual who is excited to perform bioanalytical assays in an intimate and small team focused on the discovery, preclinical validation, and clinical translation of novel biologics for chronic and rare degenerative diseases. Reporting to the Director of Protein Science, this individual will be an integral member of the expanding protein science team to increase our pipeline of state-of-the-art biologics. The ideal candidate will have industry experience in a drug discovery and early development setting and have been involved in lead candidate identification, selection, and IND-enabling studies for biologics.
Juvena Therapeutics is a venture backed biotechnology startup discovering and developing disease-modifying biologics by leveraging their computationally-driven discovery platform to rapidly identify and validate secreted proteins with regenerative potential for multiple rare and chronic diseases.
At Juvena Therapeutics, we are on a mission to discover and develop biologics for rare and chronic degenerative diseases by mapping secreted proteins to unmet medical needs through a machine learning (ML)-enhanced platform. Juvena’s approach integrates proteomics, transcriptomics and imaging with phenotypic human in vitro disease model screening and extensive preclinical validation to mine the therapeutic potential of human stem cell secretomes as a rich source of new medicines that promote tissue regeneration and repair. We are advancing lead drug candidates for muscular dystrophies, atrophy, injury, and osteopathies, and establishing new programs targeting tissue-specific degenerative diseases across multiple therapeutic areas. Since our launch in mid-2018, Juvena has discovered and validated several hits for neuromuscular, skeletal, and metabolic diseases. Juvena’ preclinical programs are supported by funding from the National Institute of Health (NIH) and the California Institute of Regenerative Medicine (CIRM). Juvena is advancing a lead program for Myotonic Dystrophy Type 1, a rare autosomal dominant, progressive muscle-wasting disease.
At Juvena we embrace a diversity of backgrounds, experience and approaches that all combine to lead us to world-class scientific results in an inclusive environment.
- Develop, perform, and optimize bioanalytical assays for Juvena’s lead molecules
- Conduct qualification and validation of bioanalytical assays following regulatory guidelines
- Maintain accurate, timely, and detailed notebooks of all experimental work in accordance with SOPs
- Assist in equipment purchase, maintenance, and calibration
- Reagent sourcing, storage, inventory, preparation
- Communicate scientific data internally and externally
- Contribute to a dynamic and exciting culture that embraces teamwork and innovation
- Maintain flexibility in supporting multiple discovery and preclinical projects as the company grows
- BS/MS degree in cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related field with 2-5 years of industry experience in a drug discovery environment
- Title and compensation commensurate with experience
- Demonstrated ability to support biologic-based projects from lead generation to optimization, candidate selection, and IND filing
- Documented experience with bioanalytical assay development and troubleshooting
- Experience with immunoassay development and statistical data analysis, such as ELISA, ADA assays, drug potency assays, and biomarker assays.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture is preferred
- Knowledge of protein engineering, biophysical methods, and basic immunology
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Detail oriented with a desire to obtain high quality data
- Willingness to learn and enjoy working as a team
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary, annual bonus and stock options
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
To apply for this position please complete the form below. Once the form is complete, email your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com with the title of the position as the subject line.This form is currently undergoing maintenance. Please try again later.